No Cost Programs for Children:
- Pre & Post Natal: Karen is now able to offer one-on-one or group setting pre/post natal information sessions. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-689-2414 for more information or to set up a meeting.
- Baby Group: This program runs every Thursday from 10 – 11:30am. This is a free program that is intended for families with newborn to 12 months. This program will provide opportunity for conversation and socialization, as well as tips and tricks, and when necessary guest speakers. Contact Karen at email@example.com or 902-689-2414 for more information.
- Play Group: This program runs every Monday from 10 – 11:30 AM (whenever school is happening). Registration is required at this time to help us prepare weekly activities. This is a free program that is intended for families with children, birth to 5 years old. This program provides the opportunity for conversation and socialization for parents and children, as well art activities, reading, music, and a healthy snack. To register: Contact us at 902-689-2414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At Home Learning Kits: For children in the community of NEW ROSS only, a learning/play kit which may include activities for your child (age range 1-5 years old), family activities (such as cooking), or an online component (such as a read-a-loud book). These will be prepared by Ms. Janice and Ms. Karen. Monthly registration is required. Call 902-689-2414 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girl Talk – This program provides a safe group setting for girls aged 10 – 12 to talk about things that are important to them. This program will include discussions relevant to issues of girls this age, forming friendships, activities, weekly craft and having fun! Typically runs for 4 weeks every April. To Register: Contact Janice email@example.com or call NRFRC at 902-689-2414.
- Rainbows: This program is for emotional healing among children who may be grieving from a loss or other life-altering crisis. It is available in a small group, or one-on-one whenever needed. Contact Janice at firstname.lastname@example.org or call NRFRC at 902-689-2414
Services Offered On-Site by Outside Providers, for a fee
- After School Program: Join us Monday to Friday afternoons throughout the school year for fun, games, crafts, and activities. Children may attend on a full-time or part-time basis. To register or to be added to our waiting list contact Janice at email@example.com or 902-277-1823. This program is not run by the Centre, but is offered in our Centre.
- Daycare: The New Ross Community Day Care is a licensed 12 space center serving children aged 18 months – 5 years, open 5 days/week 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, located upstairs at the New Ross Family Resource Centre. For more information contact the daycare at 902-277-2533 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check them out on Facebook, at New Ross Day Care. This program is not run by our Centre, but is offered in our Centre.