No Cost Programming/Services
- AMPed Up!: This program places an emphasis on understanding emotions, enhancing communication and stress management skills. You will gain the ability to regulate your emotions better and manage your feelings in a productive way. It is facilitated in a group setting that is welcoming, safe and inclusive. Offered throughout the year, call or email to find out when the next session is.
- Empower – Ladies Support Group: April 5th and 19th, 10:00am – 12:00pm. Join Karen to socialize and enjoy a hot beverage. Come share your journey, have access to resources, feel supported, make connections and gain friendship. Register by calling 902-689-2414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nobody’s Perfect: A community-based program for parents designed to promote positive parenting. Together, with the guidance of a trained facilitator, you will discover positive ways to interact with children. Information and support in provided about topics such as child development, safety & behavior. It is facilitated in a group setting that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive. Offered throughout the year, call or email to find out when the next session is.
- Parent Wellness Circle: Coming in Spring 2023 – stay tuned for more details!
- Walking Club: Join Karen, every Tuesday at 10:00am (9am in July/August) at the NRFRC parking lot. Childcare can be provided in arranged before hand (please call to register for this). We will meet in the parking lot and walk up and around Ruby’s Trails. At the lookoff we will have a break and quick reflection. To register or for more information, contact Karen at 902-689-2414 or email@example.com
- Wild Flower Workshop: Will be retuning Spring 2023! Stay tuned for dates and how to register.
- Chromebook Rentals at the NRFRC (free): Thanks to funding obtained through the Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia, the Centre has Chromebooks for members of the community for rental. These Chromebooks are available to help people access online mental health resources and support, attend virtual health appointments, and help decrease overall feelings of social isolation during these challenging times. Confidential office space can also be provided if needed to attend appointments virtually.
- Employment Solutions: This is free service offered in our office. Are you looking for help finding a job or are you looking for help finding employees? How about assistance with a resume, career planning, etc.? Contact Jessica from Employment Solutions at 902-858-5627 or 902-275-8178 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how Employment Solutions can help with your employment needs.
- Intro to Computers Training: Jennifer Meister from Lunenburg County Adult Learning Opportunities runs a program to learn basic skills with computers and Windows, keyboarding, using the Internet, emailing, word processing, and Excel. This is a hands-on, in-person program for learners with limited or no computer training. Six week program, starting February 16, 2023. Call to register: 902-523-2479 ext. 29
- Yoga Classes: Instructor Mona Keddy is currently hosting a Spring 10-week (beginning March 22nd), for fee yoga session at the Centre on Wednesday evenings. Call for availability.
- Blood Collection Clinic: Colleen Hull has resumed her on-site blood collection clinic at the Centre every 2nd Thursday from 8:30-10:00 am for $15.00. Home visits are also available for $25. You must continue to call Colleen Hull at 902-624-0406 to book your appointment.