Health, Fitness & Nutrition
- Alzheimer Support Group: A support group, that meets on the second Wednesday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at NRFRC.
- Blood Collection Services: Blood collection every second Wednesday 8:30-10:00am for $10.00. Also home visits for $20 available by calling Coleen Hall at 902-624-0406.
- Nurse Practitioner: Nancy MacDonald will see her own patients, as well as Dr. Karen Cox’s patients at the NRFRC once a month. Call 902-275-4414 to book your appointment.
- PAP Clinic: Once a year nurse practitioner Nancy MacDonald will hold a pap clinic here at the centre. Call the Resource Centre to book your appointment or for more information.
- Adult Basketball: Basketball is held Wednesday nights, in the New Ross Consolidated School gym from 745-845pm. Come join us for some hoops and fun!
- Adult Fitness Classes: Classes will be available throughout the year as advertised in the flyer.
- Home Support Exercise Program (HSEP): The Home Support Exercise Program was developed for older adults living at home. It is a program that includes 10 simple, yet progressive exercises. The exercises will help you improve your endurance, balance, strength and flexibility.
- The New Ross Fitness Center: We have state of the art fitness equipment, and are open 7 days a week. You can purchase single or family memberships for 3 months or one year, or use on a drop-in basis. Call us for more details.
- TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly support group meets every Monday evenings at 6pm.
- Cooking Group: Leanne runs a 4 week cooking program (Fall and Winter), focused on cooking healthy meals for families. You will cook together, learn together and enjoy eating the food together in this program. New recipes and nutrition information shared each session.
- New Ross Community Food Project: This is a community driven project, aimed at supporting the New Ross community to get involved in building and strengthening a sustainable food system in the community. There are a variety of ways for you to get involved, including community group meetings once a month. Contact Leanne to find out more.